Sourcing & Contractors
Sourcing & Contractors
DATE: Saturday 28th April
TIME: 10am - 4pm
Your client is thrilled with your brilliant concept and they want to proceed with everything - hooray! Well done, you. But what now?
This is the part of the design process that they don’t teach you at design school and we’re opening up our precious ‘Little Black Book’ to share with you the best suppliers, wholesalers, and contractors that we have had success working with in the past. At Sisällä, we have worked with an enourmous range of suppliers and contractors and we delve in to share with you how the process managing the project works. We show you how to get quotes from a supplier, and then get your client’s approval. How to create a purchase order, then pay the invoice and arrange delivery. What kind of trade price can you expect and why it’s offered.
We also disclose our best contractors such as wallpaper installers, cabinet makers, metal fabricators, tilers, window furnishing and upholsterers, and general contractors. We show you what the general contractor or cabinet maker will need in order to prepare a quote for your project. The elements of a thorough worksheet are a neccessity when ordering custom pieces, we show you how.
- Access to the studio’s live materials library. Explore a range of amazing samples designers love to use.
- A precious ‘Little Black Book’ of complete supplier and contractor details. This is a digital document.
- One months access to the Sessions Facebook Group where you can ‘ask me anything’
- A delicious ‘Ladro’ pizza lunch (please advise of dietary requirements), wine (let’s get creative!), and complementary all day tea and refreshments from our apartment kitchen.
Location: Sisalla Apartment, Level 1, 409 Chapel Street, South Yarra
Date: This is a whole day session
Cost: $450 inc GST
Please Note: This event requires a minimum of 6 attendees to run. If we do not meet this minimum amount, the event will not run and all paid ticket holders at that point will be fully refunded.
What can I bring into the event?
Working digitally is essential to this course.
- A lap-top or ipad and charger cords. There is limited access to a computer in the studio, first in, best-dressed.
- Note pad, you will want to take lots of notes. No notes for this session are provided.
- If you have any recommendations of suppliers or contractors, bring in their details too. We love to share!
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Sure, contact us at email@example.com or 0408 838 138
What's the refund policy?
Tickets are non-refundable. Please double, triple check your dates and make arrangements prior to purchasing tickets. Names on tickets are transferable up to 7 days prior to the event. Please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Not to worry, we can tick off your name.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
We are located near the Prahran Market where there is a carpark you can park for the day, check their fees. The Chapel Street tram comes past, we are near the Commercial Road intersection. Walking distance to Prahran or Hawksburn Station. Advice not to park on the streets nearby as parking inspectors are everywhere!